Service and Assistance Dogs
Service and Assistance dogs are an integral part of our society today.
We offer customised services for those needing help.
We work with a lot of clients that are aiming at training their own service and or assistance dog, this may include anything and everything from selecting the right puppy to problem solving with an existing dog and everything in between.
Service and Assistance Dogs are an extremely valuable asset to their people and can provide, comfort, support, help, companionship and relief for those who need it.
This includes Therapy dogs for Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists and any one that would benefit from a dog in their business to comfort people.
Our business model is designed to help people with dogs, so we customise the training sessions to suit your needs. No one size fits all in our system, no two clients or dogs are alike and we will structure our work into what you need.
We can help with: –
- * Puppy selection, supply and testing.
- * Temperament testing of your existing dog or a dog that you are interested in.
- * Targeted socialisation programs for dogs that will be assistance or service dogs.
- * Overcoming training or behavioural problems with your dog.
- * Teaching you and your dog essential Life Skills, the foundation of all good assistance dogs.
- * Task training and design.
- * Management and care of the Assistance / Service dog in your life.
- * We teach you how to work your own dog so you can practice at home.
- * Medical assistance such as Diabetes Hypo and Hyperglycemia.\ through scent detection.
- * Pressure and contact therapy training for your dog and you.
- * Preparation for Public Access and Transport certification etc.
What can we help you with?
The answer is that Steve’s life is about dogs, he and his wife Alison breed Labrador Retrievers under the prefix of Herzhund (see website here) with a strong focus on Assistance and Service dog roles.
Learn with Steve’s experience behind you what your pup should be doing and what things will lead to disaster.
What we do…
A full support service which can help you get started or help from where you are now. All you need and none of what you don’t. Simple…