Dog Behaviour Problems
We aim to provide a different level of service than you will find elsewhere, many people believe that Steve is at the top of his game and his self developed programs will really make a difference to the relationship you have with your dog, his or her behaviour and performance.
Steve will help you understand why your dog is displaying the undesirable behaviours with his Root Cause Analysis diagnostic procedure, because knowing why your dog does something is part the way to getting your dog not to do it!
The focus then becomes to design a behaviour modification program tailored to your specific situation and help you implement that into your lifestyle.
Learn practical and at most times fun exercises to get your dog to behave differently.
We have a number of ways that we can help you which include:-
- One on one coaching to teach you how to effectively teach, train, manage and enjoy your dog
- Board and Rehabilitation programs to help you get started, reduce or perhaps even eliminate the problem/s completely.
- Practical sessions where the problems exist, your home, your work, anywhere.
- Support classes for many common problems.
Dog Behaviour Problems can lead to: –
- Your lifestyle and freedom being effected.
- You suffering stress, embarrassment and or anxiety.
- Neighbour complaints and disputes.
- Council action, fines / restrictions.
- Family disruption / arguments / break ups.
- Injury to you, others, your dog or other dogs/animals.
- Performance decrease in dog sports.
- Seizure of your dog / legal action.
- The problem being learned by your other dogs.
- The problem becoming worse or even permanent.
Take action now!
The longer your dog rehearses the behaviour the more habitual it becomes. This means that as soon as you see a problem developing, address it right away.
The myth that a dog will grow out of a behaviour, just stop without your guidance etc. is just that, a myth.
Repetition is one of the most powerful reinforcers, if your dog is doing something that is even slightly concerning, avoid development of this problem by getting early intervention.
Extreme Dogs start somewhere.
Here is a video series on a German Shepherd that was deemed “Too aggressive to get help”.
What Dog Behaviour Problems does Steve work with?
The answer is that Steve is highly experienced in working with all behavioural and psychological problems in dogs. An added benefit is that Steve is also a dog trainer for performance and working dogs so he can bring to the table this experience when dealing with your dogs problems. No decreased performance in work or sport life!
What we won’t do!
We won’t have you making weird “Bah” sounds at your dog, rolling them on their backs or hissing like Cesar, we don’t believe that every problem is related to your leadership or the lack thereof.
We won’t leave you wondering what is next and we won’t leave you on your own.
After the initial consult we will forward you a written program specific to your dog and situation and we give you 8 weeks email support as well.
We encourage you to email us weekly so Steve can monitor and adjust your progress.
Steve says “This is a team effort, you, me and the dog, as you control two thirds of the team, you control two thirds of the outcome! Put me to the test and I promise you will be impressed by my input!”.